Work for Good Terms and Conditions – Website
These website terms and conditions tell you the terms on which you may make use of our Website.
1. Definitions In the context of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings: “We”, “us” and “Work for Good” means Work for Good Limited a registered company in England and Wales (reg. no. 09844955), registered address 40 Manor Road, East Molesey KT8 9JX; “Website” means any website under the ownership or control of Work for Good from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions; “Material” means all of the information, data, text, graphics, links or computer code published on, contained or available on the Website; “User” and “you” means the individual, firm, company or organisation accessing the website, registering an account and/or making any donations.
2. Applicable terms and conditions 2.1 The website is owned by Work for Good and any use made of the Website (including registrations and donations made via the Website), is subject to these terms and conditions. 2.2 By using our Website you confirm that you accept these Website Terms and Conditions and that you agree to comply with them. Please therefore read these terms and conditions carefully. We recommend that you print off a copy for future reference. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must not use the Website. 2.3 We may, at our sole discretions, modify or revise these Website Terms and Conditions at any time without notice by updating the text of this page.
3. Use of the Website 3.1 Anyone is entitled to view any non-password protected parts of the Website and to use for their own purposes the information contained therein, provided: 3.1.1 It is used for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain (other than use of the Work for Good Trade Mark in accordance with clause 7.2 of the Terms and Conditions for Businesses and clause 7.1 of the Terms and Conditions for Charities); and 3.1.2 No part of the Website is copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without the permission of Work for Good. 3.2 If you reproduce or copy our Website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use our Website will cease immediately, and you must, at our discretion, return or destroy any copies.
4. Copyright and trade marks 4.1 Copyright in the Material is owned by Work for Good or its content suppliers. Unauthorised use of the Material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or republication without our prior written consent or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited. 4.2 The names and logos of Work for Good and all related product and service names, designs, marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trade marks of Work for Good and may not be used without our prior consent, unless used under licence in accordance with the Terms and Conditions for Businesses and Charities. 4.3 All works in the nature of databases attract database rights.
5. Material on the Website 5.1 The Website is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. Users should seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any Material contained in the Website. 5.2 Whilst we have taken every precaution in compiling the Website neither we nor any contributors to the Website can be held responsible for any action (or lack thereof) taken by any person or organisation wherever they shall be based, as a result, direct or otherwise, of Material contained in or accessed through the Website. 5.3 We may update our Website and may change the content at any time. However, please note that the content of our site may be out of date at any time and we are under no obligation to update it. We do not guarantee that our site or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions, nor do we represent or warrant that the Material accessible via the Website is accurate, complete or correct.
6. Access to the Website 6.1 We make reasonable efforts to ensure that access to the Website is readily available, but do not guarantee that our Website, or any Material displayed on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. 6.2 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these Website Terms and Conditions, and that they comply with them.
7. Your account and password 7.1 If you choose, or you are provided with, a username and password, or any other piece of information as part of our registration procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. 7.2 We have the right to disable any username or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions in these Website Terms and Conditions. 7.3 If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you should promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would recommend that you change your password immediately.
8. Uploading content to the Website
8.1 When uploading content to the Website on your dedicated “business page” on which you can provide more information about your business and list the work and/or fundraising activities that you have registered (in accordance with clause 6 of the Terms and Conditions for Businesses), or elsewhere on the Website, you must:
8.1.1 ensure that the content that you upload is accurate and up to date;
8.1.2 not upload any content that is offensive, defamatory or likely to deceive any person;
8.1.3 ensure that you have the right to use the content and not upload anything that may infringe the copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; and
8.1.4 ensure that you have permission to name or reference any clients on your business page.
8.2 We reserve the right to alter or remove any content that you upload to our Website, without notice to you, if in our opinion it does not comply with these Website Terms & Conditions. 8.3 We will not be responsible, or liable to any person, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Website.
9. Limitation of liability 9.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law. 9.2 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Website or any content on it, whether express or implied. 9.3 We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: 9.3.1 use of, or inability to use, our Website; or 9.3.2 use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website. 9.4 If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for: 9.4.1 loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; 9.4.2 business interruption; 9.4.3 loss of anticipated savings; 9.4.4 loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or 9.4.5 any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
10 Third party websites The Website contains links to websites operated by parties other than Work for Good. Such links are provided for the User’s convenience only. Work for Good does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their content. Work for Good’s inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The User is solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by such websites.
12 Cookies Read our cookies policy here.
13 Viruses 13.1 Whilst Work for Good makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the Website it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore we recommend that you take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Website and have your own virus software in place. 13.2 You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses or other malicious material or attempt to gain unlawful access to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
14 Encryption Although the Website uses encryption security software in areas where on line payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by any User who transmits information by means of e-mail or other Internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by such User and in no event shall any such loss in whole or part be borne by Work for Good or its agents.
15 Force majeure Work for Good shall not be held to be in breach of its obligations hereunder nor liable to the User for any loss or damage which may be suffered by another party due to any cause beyond its reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, fire, storm, flood, lightning, disease, strike, trade dispute, act of terrorism, any act or omission of government or regulatory bodies or communications operators.
17 Jurisdiction The terms and conditions and the use by the User of the Website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the Website and/or any transactions made on the Website, or these terms and conditions.
18 Contact If you have any queries relating to these terms and conditions, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.