We know that families come in all shapes and sizes, but no matter how you define your family, when we have the support of those who love us we’re better able to manage the challenges life brings.
At Family Action we believe in building stronger families, giving families the tools they need to manage the challenges they face and build a happier, safer, and stronger future together.
While the problems they face are often similar, every family is unique. This is key to the support we offer, and no two of our services are the same. Each one is highly connected to the community it serves, working with local agencies such as social services, schools, and health workers ensuring local families get the best support possible.
Our services span the length and breadth of the country and support in many different ways:
• Every day, we provide breakfast for over 280,000 children through a network of 1,775 school breakfast clubs, ensuring no child starts the school day too hungry to learn and is able to reach their full potential, no matter their family situation.
• Our FamilyLine helpline service is available to support any family, with any issue relating to family life available via email, text and phone.
• Giving small cash grants to families in crisis, helping them furnish a new home after fleeing domestic abuse, or getting a fresh start after experiencing homelessness.
• One-to-one support from a Family Support Worker, helping families understand the challenges they face, from family conflict, to mental health issues and disability or ill health and giving them the confidence and skills to manage them going forward.
• Running Children’s Centres in some of the most deprived communities, helping every child get the best possible start in life.