Publicising your giving is a great way to engage your customers or clients with your fundraising campaign. This will not only help you to raise more funds for your chosen charity, but is also a great way to demonstrate your businesses values (remember you can only publicise your giving if you have selected yes to this on the donations form ).
Here are our top tips on how to do this:
Create your Work for Good profile
As part of your Work for Good account, you are able to create a business profile detailing information about your business and why giving is important to you. This can also display your donation activity and the charities you have chosen to support.
Why it's worthwhile creating a Work for Good profile:
- Link back to this page from the 'via Work for Good' part of your commercial participation statement at point of transaction, so that your customers or clients can see that you have the correct legal agreements set up with the charity.
- Boost your SEO and use it as another way to promote your business, remember to share this on your website and social media.
- We love to share stories of businesses who are sales fundraising and supporting wonderful charities and having a profile helps us find you and share your work.
If you wish to, you can choose to make some of the information within your profile private, such as how many donations you have made, how much you have donated and the charities you have donated to. Here are some examples of other business profiles to get you inspired: Plum & Ashby Hatchling Makes.
Share your giving activity in your newsletter, blog and on your mailing list
This is a great way to reach more of your customers or clients and keep them updated with how your fundraising campaign is going. Here's some tips on what to include:
- Why it's important for you to donate to charity
- How you're supporting the charity e.g 10% of sales from every t- shirt sold
- Which charity you're supporting and why
- How much you are hoping to raise
Add your business giving to your website
Share on social media
Social media is a great way to express your personality and show your audience who you really are and what makes your business tick, so sharing your giving across your platforms is essential!
You can find lots of tips and templates to use on social media here.