We believe that everyone has the right to a good death – not just the few. Over the next five years we are planning to reach more people by extending specialist end of life care out into the community. We do this by:
- Delivering outstanding end of life care in the home.
- Supporting families caring for patients at home.
- Sharing our skills and knowledge with doctors, nurses, carers and social workers as well as non-professionals caring in the community.
- Helping create compassionate communities where friends, neighbours and colleagues feel able to care for and support patients and families through death and bereavement.
- Taking a strong lead in the debate about death and dying.
We’re working towards a future where we can all choose where we die. Where we will know that wherever we choose to be, we will receive outstanding care and support. Everyone who works with us will play a part in building this future.