70th and future plans
It's our 70th Anniversary and we have big plans for the future!
Bromley Mencap need your help to develop their building at Number 10, Bromley Common and transform it into a Centre for Community Living. It will create a space where staff and volunteers can directly provide a wide selection of services to support disabled people of all ages to re-join and face the post-covid world. Lockdowns have had a negative impact on the independence and mental health of disabled people. Bromley Mencap wants to transform their services to combat this negative impact and deliver services, training and activities in a safe and secure facility along with providing one-to-one and online support. The space will need to be adapted and tailored to the specialist needs of a wide range of disabilities and complex needs. We aim to offer opportunities to realise the full potential of the disabled people and families we support so that they can live independently in the community.
What we'll deliver:
• A 5-day a week day service providing person-centred, inclusive and accessible activities
• short courses & workshops to develop skills eg public services, leisure, sport, cooking, horticulture, art
• job clubs, employability workshops and educational training sessions
• one-to-one advice and information sessions with emphasis on well-being, health, social care and welfare
• activities for disabled children and their siblings
• skills & training sessions for young carers including emotional support, respite, well-being and mental health