Location: Working from home or London office
Salary: Full-time contract £27,000-£29,000 depending on experience
Start date: End of March/ beginning of April
Initially 9 months fixed term with the potential for a permanent role
What is Work for Good?
Work for Good (www.workforgood.co.uk) is a fast growing tech-for-good company helping charities raise funds from small businesses. Our fundraising platform makes it easy and possible for purpose driven, small businesses to raise money through the sales of their products and services (e.g donating £5 from every t-shirt sold) and allows them to donate to charity - legally.
We work closely with charities and particularly community and corporate teams to help them increase their online small business fundraising. We currently support over 850 charities including Shelter, Refuge, WWF-UK, CRUK, RSPB, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Make-A-Wish, Tommy's, and Samaritans.
By making giving easier for their small business supporters we help create a sustainable income stream for charities, increase their digital-savvy supporter base and enable their supporters to help raise awareness about the charities that are important to them via their customers and clients.
We are a team of nine, working a mixture of full and part time, aligned in purpose and inspired by what we can learn from each other.
We believe that it is incredibly important to drive change socially, environmentally, and economically and we have a responsibility to make a positive impact and contribute to a fairer, more equal and happier world.
We work well independently in our own ‘departments’ but also thoroughly enjoy working collaboratively as a team. We have created a positive and inclusive culture and believe it’s because we’re made up of open-minded, agile, determined, hard working and fun individuals and most importantly believe we can really make a difference.
We’re currently working remotely and when we decide it’s safe to have everyone together again, we’ll be finding a new space in central London where we’re likely to have 2–3 days in the office per week.
About the role
You will be joining the Charities team at a really exciting time of growth for the organisation and will work closely with the Charity Engagement Manager and Managing Director, to identify and build relationships with UK registered charities of all sizes and sectors. You will be pivotal in driving the growth and acquisition of new charity members, which will include identifying and pitching to charities looking to grow their small business fundraising stewardship and helping to onboard new charities as well as seeking new opportunities for membership growth.
Together with the Work for Good team, you will drive brand and product awareness of the platform with third sector stakeholders from fundraisers to professional bodies and champion the huge potential small businesses have for the sector to expand their supporter base and diversify their income.
We are looking for someone who has boundless energy for the not-for-profit sector, loves speaking to fundraisers, has a thirst for innovative fundraising and would like to use their charitable knowledge, and skills to help us with our mission to raise millions of pounds for charity.
This is a full time fixed term maternity cover contract, however as we grow there will be potential for a permanent role.
Key responsibilities will include
- Identifying charities looking to grow their small business fundraising stewardship, and pitching Work for Good as a solution;
- Building on and managing a pipeline of new charity leads including admin and database management;
- Working alongside our Marketing team to develop resources and campaigns to reach charities looking to grow their small business fundraising and develop our cultivation journey;
- Contacting and pitching to charities which have been nominated by small businesses;
- Answering ad-hoc queries from charity members;
- Supporting conversation and members in Work for Good Charities Chat Facebook group;
- Monitoring and reporting on all aspects of charity member satisfaction, identifying and addressing pinch points and all barriers to adoption and use;
- Working cross-organisationally with Product, Membership and Marketing managers on projects as required;
The skills, experience and behaviours we’re looking for (remember that doesn't mean you have to tick every box!)
- A strong and confident all-rounder with preferably 3 years’ third sector experience ideally within at least one of the following teams: corporate fundraising, community fundraising, new partnerships, business development;
- Good general knowledge and understanding of the not-for-profit sector;
- Proven track record of successfully pitching and winning partnerships and a clear understanding of how to build rapport, convert interest and manage relationships at all levels;
- Proficient in working with CRM database and managing a pipeline e.g Raisers Edge, Streak, Salesforce;
- A natural communicator who understands how to engage, inspire and motivate others and has excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail;
- Understanding of the solution Work for Good provides and passion for our mission;
- Has a confident and professional manner — able to develop good working relationships across the organisation and the ability to work in partnership with people at all levels;
- Willingness to work hard, flexibly and proactively to drive growth of organisation;
- A self-motivated, resilient, creative individual who will thrive in a dynamic, progressive environment and is capable of working effectively autonomously and within a team;
- Enjoys collaboration, is a team player and is motivated to support and learn from others but also think strategically, challenge and help us evolve by bringing new ideas and spotting opportunities.
What we offer in return
- We’re a social bunch and love to meet up as often as we can. Expect Christmas parties and regular get togethers throughout the year. At the moment we’ve moved this online with a Happy Hour, quizzes, bake offs and more!
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working (currently entirely remotely, but in the future you’ll still have the ability to work 2–3 days from home)
- 25 days annual leave and public holidays (pro rata for 9 months)
How to apply
If this has got you excited and we sound like a team and company you’d like to work for, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and 1-pager to firstname.lastname@example.org, giving clear examples of how you meet the role requirements, the knowledge and skills you would bring to the team and why you’d like to join us.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and if we find the right person, they may be appointed during this time, so we’d recommend applying sooner rather than later!
Please note all interviews will be done via zoom/ video call.
Applications will close on Friday March 26th, 5.30pm.
We look forward to hearing from you!