At Work for Good, we offer a digital, straightforward solution that takes care of the legal requirements needed for ‘sales fundraising’ and allow charities to quickly and easily maximise income, saving them valuable time and resources.
We’re already helping over 1,200 charities to improve their sales fundraising capacity and have earned a reputation across the sector for our easy to use platform, user-led approach and charity and small business industry experience.
You will be joining the organisation at a really exciting time for sales fundraising. Charities are keen to develop the ways they work with businesses to diversify their income streams and you will be pivotal in driving the growth and acquisition of new charity members with a focus on the UK’s largest charities.
Working alongside the Charity Engagement Manager and wider Work for Good team, you will drive brand and product awareness with charity stakeholders and champion the huge potential sales fundraising has for charities to expand their supporter base and diversify their income.
Day to day, you will
- Manage full cycle of new business charity prospect pipeline, from research through to pitch and close
- Identify and build relationships with sector professionals and UK registered charities interested in growing their income.
- Contact and present to charities who have been nominated by small businesses
- Respond to incoming enquiries from charities wishing to join Work for Good
- Monitor and report on all aspects of post pitch satisfaction, identifying and addressing pinch points and barriers to registration
- Have autonomy to build your own relationships, cross sector partners and explore new opportunities
- Collaborate with Work for Good team (across product, marketing, social media and business) on projects as required
We want to work with someone who
- Has boundless energy for the charity sector, loves speaking to fundraising professionals, and gets excited about being able to offer an innovative solution that could help them raise more money and increase their supporter base.
- Enjoys a fast paced and multifaceted role, who is hands on, capable of driving growth, able to manage multiple projects at one time, is resilient and hardworking and has an impeccable relationship manner.
In return you will benefit from
- Joining a team who put people first and will make you feel valued, help you learn and support you to thrive in your role and the organisation
- Our monthly Team day in London where we take a break from the screens, reflect on the previous month, plan ahead and use the day to work collaboratively on various projects.
- Remote working but with the option to meet up in a coffee shop/coworking space in London from time to time
- Pension contribution
- 33 days’ holiday a year (inc UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! It's a marathon, not a sprint.
- Laptops provided for all employees
- Learning and development budget
- Volunteer day
If this is sounding good, here are some of the key skills and behaviours we’re looking for (remember you don’t have to tick all of these!)
- Building and managing an extensive pipeline of prospects
- Confidently and successfully pitching and winning partnerships with a clear understanding of how to build rapport, convert interest and manage relationships at all levels
- Proficient in working with a CRM database and administratively managing a pipeline e.g Salesforce, Raisers Edge, Streak
- Keen interest and understanding of the impact potential the Commercial Participation solution Work for Good provides for charities
- Willingness to work hard, flexibly and proactively to drive growth
- A self-motivated, resilient, creative individual who will thrive in a dynamic, progressive environment and is capable of working effectively autonomously and within a team;
- Enjoys collaboration, is a team player motivated to support and learn from others but can also think strategically, will challenge and help us evolve by bringing new ideas and spotting opportunities.
- Preferably 2 years’ charity sector experience ideally within at least one of the following teams: corporate fundraising, community fundraising, new partnerships, business development; or if not in the charity sector within another business development role
- Good general knowledge and understanding of the not-for-profit sector
- Salary: £27,000 - £29,000
- Mostly remote with one team day in London once a month and further options to work together
- The role is full time, however, we're happy to discuss potential part-time options for the right candidate
We have created a positive and inclusive culture and believe it’s because we’re made up of open-minded, agile, determined, hard working and fun individuals and most importantly believe we can really make a difference.
You don’t need a degree or a dog to join our team. We value the opportunity to work alongside people regardless of their race, class, sex, disability or sexual orientation and we positively welcome all applications.
We've recently been recognised in the Escape the City's Top 100 companies to escape to in 2022!
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter or video to email@example.com outlining
- What gets you out of bed in the morning and what makes you a great fit for Work for Good?
- Why are you interested in this specific role?
We're looking to hire asap! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply if you have a good feeling about this role. If your application is successful, we'll arrange to have a call with you and if that goes well invite you to interview.
Deadline 5th June
We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your application!